Tonight I was able to make some progress on the box.
The trays are both covered in jaconet and needed some sanding.
I used the larger tray to measure the three pieces of 060 cardstock for the case (or “cover”). I used a sandwich of leather and board to measure the width of the joints.
I applied the jaconet to the case using PVA.
Next steps will include laying ultrasuede inside the trays, paring and pasting the leather to the spine and tray uprights, pasting the marbled paper to the outer case and securing the trays to the case. I’m also planning to incorporate the wine cork into this box somehow -perhaps on the spine like a title!